Content development has changed to meet the needs of a content inundated world as well as to accommodate viewing on mobile devices.
- Make use of headlines. Headlines are essential to attract the reader to content that is of interest and to enable the reader to scan content quickly.
- The preferred tone is friendly and accessible encouraging reader engagement.
- Successful content is relatively short in length, with paragraphs of one to three sentences or bullet points. This, of course, can vary depending on the purpose and the delivery vehicle.
- Experts advise to keep it simple. Generally, content should be written for an 8th grade reading level, or lower...
- Font sizes are slightly larger than in years past. Would you want to jeopardize your message for want of reading glasses?
- Images attract the eye and increase readership, however, beware of load times.