A full summary of the findings can be found on Buddy Media slide share.
- Facebook engagement was higher, +20%, for posts made in early morning and after work/evening. The optimal timing is of particular interest as this may not be when most organizations tend to post.
- Generally, Facebook engagement was highest near the end of the week. Importantly, however, optimal days of the week varied in effectiveness according to industry. Entertainment was most engaged on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Retail benefitted on Wednesday and Sunday. Finance and Business had greatest engagement on Wednesday and Thursday. See the slide share link for other industries.
- Limit your posts. Maximum posting in terms of engagement was twice a day. A maximum of four posts a week created 71% greater engagement than more frequent posts.
- Short, simple posts, maximum of 80 characters, amplified engagement +66% as compared to longer posts.
- Asking a question to spark a dialogue doubled engagement levels.
- Including a fill in the blank option increased engagement by nine times.